Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Bluetooth and iPhone 13 pro will not connect

I have a 2010 Lexus RX350. My previous iPhone, a XS, worked fine with the car Bluetooth. Despite following the tips I have read on line and in this forum I cannot get it to connect. The devices say I am connected but when I call or try to listen to a podcast, the sound comes from the iPhone and not the car speakers.

Does anyone know for certain if this iPhone will work with my 2010 Lexus RX 350?

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 11:15 AM

A little more info…

1) does the car settings say it registered / paired your device? Did you pair it using the generated code?

I’m not familiar with Lexus, but my cars (VW, MB) all require a formal pairing with a generated code. Unfortunately they all name the phones the same and a prior one can look just like your new (eg “iphone”). Removing the old is key, first to be sure.

Remove any other paired devices. Then start the pairing process new.

2) and which iPhone os were you using with your last phone if you remember? There’s a possibility the newer security may not work with a car that age. If the first suggestion fails, give Lexus a call to see. They can also help with pairing if it’s different. Back then pairing was different that I recall - ex you couldn’t remove an old device (happened on my MB) so I renamed it so I could tell it apart from the new one (eg old-IPhone)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 11:15 AM in response to Apcvmd

A little more info…

1) does the car settings say it registered / paired your device? Did you pair it using the generated code?

I’m not familiar with Lexus, but my cars (VW, MB) all require a formal pairing with a generated code. Unfortunately they all name the phones the same and a prior one can look just like your new (eg “iphone”). Removing the old is key, first to be sure.

Remove any other paired devices. Then start the pairing process new.

2) and which iPhone os were you using with your last phone if you remember? There’s a possibility the newer security may not work with a car that age. If the first suggestion fails, give Lexus a call to see. They can also help with pairing if it’s different. Back then pairing was different that I recall - ex you couldn’t remove an old device (happened on my MB) so I renamed it so I could tell it apart from the new one (eg old-IPhone)

Dec 24, 2021 11:26 AM in response to MsPamelaM2

Thank you for the reply. My previous iPhone was the XS.

Yes, I go through the process of pairing, entering the code, and then it states iPhone is paired. When I try to call or stream music the sound comes from the iPhone and not through the car speakers.

I have removed all devices from the car. I have turned Bluetooth on, waited 5 minutes and try to pair. Same thing occurs as I stated.

I agree a call to Lexus is in order.

Car Bluetooth and iPhone 13 pro will not connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.