Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain after watchOS 8.3 update

My Apple Watch 5 had immediate battery drain after updating to watchOS 8.3. I only use the official charger plugged into a wall outlet. I have tried to charge it after the update, but it doesn’t seem to hold enough charge in order to boot. The screen will show the Apple logo, but it will not boot up. Instead, the watch becomes hot. I unplug the charger in order to prevent damage to the watch from the heat. I have tried to force restart the watch while it was on the charger, but that hasn’t worked. How do I get my Apple Watch 5 up and running?

I didn’t have any problems until within a minute after the update. I was setting an alarm on the watch when it shut down. The watch battery was over 90% before it shut down, but the screen displays the red lightning bolt in the charging puck after it shut down. Other than sending the watch in for repair/replacement, is there a workaround for this?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:03 PM

Hello StopLookListenCross.

Thanks for reaching out. We see you're having some issues with your Apple Watch battery, and we'd like to help. From here, try the suggestions in the following support article: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

If you still see this happening after following those steps, Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 12:03 PM in response to StopLookListenCross

Hello StopLookListenCross.

Thanks for reaching out. We see you're having some issues with your Apple Watch battery, and we'd like to help. From here, try the suggestions in the following support article: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

If you still see this happening after following those steps, Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Battery drain after watchOS 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.