Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen icon arrangement in 15.2

iPad Mini 5. Just updated from 14 and one of the unpleasant surprises is seeing my long intentional arrangement of thumbnails upended by 5-across rows now made 6-across and the thumbnails vastly reduced in size, even when the setting is Large (can’t see any difference between large vs. small setting). Having smaller thumbnails is not necessarily a bad change, but what user controls are there now for screen arrangement?

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 9:36 AM

Start here:--> Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Dec 25, 2021 9:56 AM in response to highstream

That page is not of any help, since it doesn’t offer anything different re what I posed than what’s existed forever. Am I to understand that with version 15 Apple arbitrarily changed the screen formatting and thumbnail size in a substantial way — the large thumbnails are easily a third smaller than before — destroying what long-time users had intentionally set up, without offering any new controls to either restore or adjust? Not visually or functionally appealing to me — just overly crowded.

Jan 1, 2022 1:55 PM in response to cfl1881

I'm 75, but wear glasses, but I understand. 15.2 has been a real problem. The Mail app quit sending from Share without notice. Apparently it's the third party app issue, where they require a separate password.

Then there's the iPad 5 Mini itself (starting before 15), which I went to after years with a Mini 2: I use a capacitive stylus with rounded end, with which it is not an exaggeration to say that I sometimes make more spelling errors per minute than I'd make in a day with the Mini 2; there's something with the glass or keyboard that seems not right, that puts adjacent letters or symbols in rather than the one I just tapped. Plus, it's hard to get the stylus to place the cursor where desired, often taking a repeated tries.

Screen icon arrangement in 15.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.