Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover numerous open tabs in Safari?

I accidentally closed all my tabs in Safari, about 50 tabs. How can I recover them, and/or set up a way that I can’t do this again? I cannot find all of them in my history because some have been open for quite some time.

Is there a way to back up all the open tabs so I don’t have this happen again?

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:03 PM

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds. This document has not yet been updated for iPadOS15, however, the described techniques are largely consistent for iPadOS 15.x.

I hope that you find this to provide useful guidance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 1:03 PM in response to KeysfinsMD

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds. This document has not yet been updated for iPadOS15, however, the described techniques are largely consistent for iPadOS 15.x.

I hope that you find this to provide useful guidance.

Jan 15, 2022 6:01 PM in response to LotusPilot

Not helpful for the 15.x.2 update… all the open tabs on my iPad are gone when I updated my phone. I had 15 tabs open and not on my recent as the have been open for a while. So aggravating. So irritating 😠 I had things that I can’t find on the recent, because it keeps scrolling to the TOP. I updated to be protected from bad actors, just bites when Apple f ups everything.

Recover numerous open tabs in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.