Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have completed all of the steps, but I do not understand how to get the widgets on my screen? I have tried dragging them from the notification center, but they just go back to that spot. What am I doing wrong?

I am having trouble with getting widgets on my MacBook screen? I have completed all of the steps, made the widgets, added them to my notification center, but I do not understand how to get the widgets on my screen? I have tried dragging them from the notification center, but they just go back to that spot. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:43 PM

They aren't designed to be on the screen -- they are only in the Notification Center.

To use them see the following from "How to view your widgets" section of Use widgets in Notification Center - Apple Support

How to view your widgets

To see your widgets in macOS Big Sur, open Notification Center:

• Click the date or time in the menu bar.
  • Or swipe left with two fingers from the right edge of your trackpad.

Notification Center shows recent notifications on top, followed by widgets.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 12:43 PM in response to carastin

They aren't designed to be on the screen -- they are only in the Notification Center.

To use them see the following from "How to view your widgets" section of Use widgets in Notification Center - Apple Support

How to view your widgets

To see your widgets in macOS Big Sur, open Notification Center:

• Click the date or time in the menu bar.
  • Or swipe left with two fingers from the right edge of your trackpad.

Notification Center shows recent notifications on top, followed by widgets.

I have completed all of the steps, but I do not understand how to get the widgets on my screen? I have tried dragging them from the notification center, but they just go back to that spot. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.