Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I charge iphone13 in car with USB-A?

How do I charge iphone13 in car with USB-A charging port?

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:40 PM

do you have cables from a previous iPhone that has USB-A to lightning connections? If so, just use that.

Otherwise, there are probably adapters out there.. I'd recommend just getting the cable you need.

from Apple:

Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)

Lightning to USB Cable (2 m)

or Anker also makes great cables with quite an assortment, here is one example

https://us.anker.com/collections/for-iphone-lightning/products/a8454?variant=37437807460502

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 1:40 PM in response to heno65

do you have cables from a previous iPhone that has USB-A to lightning connections? If so, just use that.

Otherwise, there are probably adapters out there.. I'd recommend just getting the cable you need.

from Apple:

Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)

Lightning to USB Cable (2 m)

or Anker also makes great cables with quite an assortment, here is one example

https://us.anker.com/collections/for-iphone-lightning/products/a8454?variant=37437807460502

Dec 25, 2021 5:40 PM in response to heno65

USB-A male to USB-C female adapter. Some call them "dongles". I don't particularly like them because they just kind of hang poorly and have a tendency to bend.

MFi (Apple approved) USB-A to Lightning cables are pretty easy to find. I've gotten 5 packs for less than US $10 although I'm not sure what you might have available in your area.

All Apple and MFi Lightning cables are forwards and backwards compatible with any Apple Lightning device. There might be some limitations regarding maximum charge rate (the latest USB-C to Lightning cables support slightly higher max current), but a USB-A to Lightning cable should at the very least work.

How do I charge iphone13 in car with USB-A?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.