Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot passcode

I forgot my password to my old iPhone 8plus. I also don’t have the SIM card. I want to sell it. How do I regain my passcode?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:57 PM

Passcode Locked and Disabled phones you can use a  computer and the Apple ID password, but unfortunately it will wipe the phone ready for sale

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Passcode locked iphone

In iOS 15.2 and later, passcode Locked phones can be erased without a computer.  You may have to try 5 different passcodes to get to the 1 minute lockout, then the 5 minute lockout then at 15 minutes lockout you will see the words “Erase Phone” at the bottom of the screen.  

You still need the Apple ID password, it will also wipe the phone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 1:57 PM in response to mikep026

Passcode Locked and Disabled phones you can use a  computer and the Apple ID password, but unfortunately it will wipe the phone ready for sale

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Passcode locked iphone

In iOS 15.2 and later, passcode Locked phones can be erased without a computer.  You may have to try 5 different passcodes to get to the 1 minute lockout, then the 5 minute lockout then at 15 minutes lockout you will see the words “Erase Phone” at the bottom of the screen.  

You still need the Apple ID password, it will also wipe the phone

Forgot passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.