Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry front camera on iPhone 13

I just bought a brand new iPhone 13 for Christmas and my front camera is super blurry. It almost looks like there is some cheap beauty filter on the camera and everything is blurred. I just came from an iPhone 8 and the quality on the front camera was substantially better and everything was clear and sharp even in the dark. How do I fix this blurry issue? I want to make sure that I am spending my money wisely and not just to buy a camera that has a less quality. Please let me know how to fix this! Thanks

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:14 PM

I also noticed the same issue with iPhone 13.

Even back cameras producing bad quality images. Lose of details that even captured with cheaper phones.

It unable to capture details regardless of various lighting conditions. HDR is missing.

Factory reset also won't work. Updated to iOS 15.2 but still same issue persist.

Front camera is horrible - I took so many shots to check and even tweak with camera settings but no change.

Something really wrong with hardware. People and apple really not aware of this issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 4:14 PM in response to Rubybrooke05_

I also noticed the same issue with iPhone 13.

Even back cameras producing bad quality images. Lose of details that even captured with cheaper phones.

It unable to capture details regardless of various lighting conditions. HDR is missing.

Factory reset also won't work. Updated to iOS 15.2 but still same issue persist.

Front camera is horrible - I took so many shots to check and even tweak with camera settings but no change.

Something really wrong with hardware. People and apple really not aware of this issue.

Blurry front camera on iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.