Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay from mac to tv

i want to set up airplay from my macbook to my tv. can i do this?

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:41 PM

The only "all-Apple" wireless solution would require using the Apple TV with your LG. This would allow for streaming and/or mirroring from your Mac to the TV, via the ATV. Otherwise, Apple does support using a wired (HDMI) connection, directly to the TV, for using it as an external display for your notebook.

Ref: Use your TV as a display with Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 5:41 PM in response to bhapple

The only "all-Apple" wireless solution would require using the Apple TV with your LG. This would allow for streaming and/or mirroring from your Mac to the TV, via the ATV. Otherwise, Apple does support using a wired (HDMI) connection, directly to the TV, for using it as an external display for your notebook.

Ref: Use your TV as a display with Mac - Apple Support

Dec 25, 2021 5:20 PM in response to bhapple

If your TV does not natively support AirPlay ... most don't, then you will need an Apple TV to be able to stream to it via AirPlay from your Mac. Which exact model is your MacBook Pro and what version of macOS is it currently running?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish:

1. Stream audio/video to this TV, via AirPlay?
  2. Mirror the Mac's screen to this TV?
  3. Use the TV as a "display" for the Mac?

Dec 25, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Tesserax

I have a 2015 or 2016 60" LG TV and apple Tv installed as an app and am using amazon fire to run the TV.

I have PBS passport, which I can easily access on my computer, but is excruiating to pull up on the amazon silk browser on the TV, with the crude ID and password entry, having to resize the screen because the image is too large and so it's tedious and I'm not in favor of tedium and I was hoping I could more easily cast it to the TV from my macbook pro, 2019, running Monterrey, but am having a hard time finding a way to mirror the screen as it isn;t showing as an option under displays or desktop and screen saver under system preferences.

I understand I can get an hdmi cable and try that, but was hoping for a wireless solution as I'm being lazy.

Any help appreciated. If I need an apple tv, I'll just suffer along with the computer on my desk or deal with the annoying silk browser.

Thanks for your help.

airplay from mac to tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.