Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO YOU REGISTER A NEW APPLE DEVICE?

I've been a Mac user from the beginning.

I worked for Apple.

I just got my first new laptop in 7+ years, and cannot find where the heck to register it so that I have access to my AppleCare.

I logged in and there's a list of my other devices, but NOWHERE to register this one, and searching the Support site gets me how to register for Beat (whatever that may be), but nothing else even nominally relevant.

HELP! PLEASE!

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:54 PM

There are many ways to view your items.

From iPhone (for example):

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap your name at the top of the list
  3. Your Apple devices will show up

You can verify your AppleCare coverage from:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap About

Your Apple device is "registered" as associated with your Apple ID. 

11 replies

Dec 25, 2021 6:52 PM in response to DeborahMagid

Did you also log in with your Apple ID on your new notebook when you initially set it up? Did you specifically purchase an AppleCare+ plan when you bought this MacBook at Best Buy?

Alternately, you can use this Apple site (referenced in the support article) to see if your notebook is already covered:

Dec 27, 2021 11:01 PM in response to DeborahMagid

..DeborahMagid:

Hard to see how you are not understanding even pre-owned Apple product

which later assigned in your name, within it alone ~it then goes online beside

others under your Apple ID is visible, though it were 'registered' ..while it's not.

If the device or mac has 'admin' account; has payment info entered, so it can

be used to buy or get free programs online; then it would likely be set to go.

• Apple ID - Official Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/apple-id

Even my antique iPad mini1.1 wi-fi that runs iOS9.3.5 is seen by FindMy

among my other items. Most of them were not bought new. All log-ins,

done properly. A selection of settings in 'Continuity' may be useful.

• Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

[You should be able to access and review your personal account from

any of your devices, by use of your Apple ID. So that's not impossible.]

• Set up iCloud features on Mac - Apple Support

The registry idea may be misunderstood. For years, one didn't even have

reason (without transferred AppleCare) attempt to sign it with ownership

name; outside their admin user name. Individual devices or Macs need to

have their identity known to others sharing iNetworks or accounts online.

Find your missing Mac:

"Use the Find My app to locate your Mac on a map, play a sound on it, lock

its screen or erase its data." Set up the Find My app to locate a missing Mac.

That said, some newest macOS and latest Apple products with 'two factor

security' would have an issue. If the initial setup, were not officially purged.

By that: follow 'before selling, giving away, or trade in' ~it's de-personalized.

Some issues can be resolved in certain ways. Sometimes, full complete reinstall.

And that may include 'from scratch' ~ so all things must be new, again.

For those you've found problematic, may be resolved in preferences & settings.

If things appear out-of-hand, a few options can be exercised; if you've backups.

Dec 25, 2021 5:55 PM in response to DeborahMagid

Did you get your new notebook directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller? If so, it will already be "registered." If you elected to get an AppleCare+ plan with it, you should receive an email from Apple confirming that purchase and it should provide you with its eligibility time frame.

If you log into Manage Your Apple ID, with your current Apple ID (I'm assuming it's the one you used when you purchased this notebook), then your new notebook should show up in the Device List associated with this ID.

Dec 26, 2021 8:31 AM in response to DeborahMagid

All Apple notebooks come with a one-year limited warranty. You don't have to register them. Above that, as you probably already know, you can purchase an "extended warranty" AppleCare+ plan. If you didn't specifically do so, then you still have the opportunity to do so within 60 days from the original notebook purchase date. Regardless, your new notebook is "registered" with Apple.

Since you got it from Best Buy, just keep your original sales receipt should you need to get it serviced. If you still need assistance with this, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly. You can do so simply by selecting the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

HOW DO YOU REGISTER A NEW APPLE DEVICE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.