Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update

Installing new Apple update has just completely crashed my Mac (it was doing fine). Thank you for that.

how do I solve this? Tried the usual (switching off and on etc).

why would you ask me to install an update that ruins my computer (not to mention the work I cannot do)?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 8:50 AM

7 replies

Dec 26, 2021 9:10 AM in response to WilliamKloos

We didn't ask you to do anything. We're all end users like yourself here.

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community

Describe in detail the problems you're having. Also what is the model year of your MBA and how much memory and storage does it have?

Dec 26, 2021 10:11 AM in response to WilliamKloos

Force shutdown by any mean necessary including the Power Button. Connect the charger and not external drives attached. Restart and Immediately hold SHIFT key until Apple Logo appears. Then, release. This is Safe Mode and will do a repair Disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software. The Boot Up will be slow.

This may or may not allow the upgrade process to complete - hopefully successfully.

Dec 26, 2021 10:00 AM in response to Old Toad

Sorry. My first time on this forum. Thought I was sending something to Apple.

MacBook Air A1466

I downloaded the upgrade and proceeded to install.

now looking at black screen with white Apple logo and a white bar stuck at 10%.

tried restarting. Landed me in the same spot.

cooling fan started blowing after a while. Computer is quite warm. No progress though.

thanks for your help

Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.