Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yellow and brown circle/spot on my Mac desktop screen in top lefthand corner...... can the screen burn out ?

yellow and brown circle/spot on my Mac desktop screen in top lefthand corner...... can the screen burn out ?... just wondering can it be fixed..... Many thanks .. otherwise it works well ... ALAN PIGOTT.....

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:46 AM

Unfortunately, this is a hardware issue with the display, and it must be serviced by Apple. Get started by finding a nearby Apple Store, Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple, then schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar: Get Support.

If there is no Apple Store near you, then see if an Apple Authorized Service Provider is: Get Support.

Jack

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 3:46 AM in response to AlDPal

Unfortunately, this is a hardware issue with the display, and it must be serviced by Apple. Get started by finding a nearby Apple Store, Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple, then schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar: Get Support.

If there is no Apple Store near you, then see if an Apple Authorized Service Provider is: Get Support.

Jack

Dec 27, 2021 3:44 AM in response to AlDPal

If transparency is set a little too transparent, the yellow "minimize" traffic light at upper left can show the underlying color of the background. If this is what's happening, reduce transparency and it will go away. If you leave it as is it will cause no harm ... it's a design feature.

If the above is not what's happening, more detail is needed. A screen shot would be beneficial.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Dec 28, 2021 3:38 AM in response to ku4hx

Thanks for your reply

ku4hx......... I tried taking a screenshot of the yellow circle ... but it doesn't show when I take a screenshot.... so I took a pic with my phone instead...... so this spot is constantly on my screen and has been for approximately over a year.... thanks for any suggestions or help ........ Alan

yellow and brown circle/spot on my Mac desktop screen in top lefthand corner...... can the screen burn out ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.