Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the wifi connection on my homepod

HomePod, 15

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 5:37 AM

HomePod should inherit the Wi-Fi connections that are known to your setup device via iCloud keychain. If you power up the HomePod in a new Wi-Fi environment you can try accessing HomePod in the Home app to see if you get a prompt to update the network settings. Failing that you can restore the HomePod and set up as new.

See:

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 5:37 AM in response to weldene

HomePod should inherit the Wi-Fi connections that are known to your setup device via iCloud keychain. If you power up the HomePod in a new Wi-Fi environment you can try accessing HomePod in the Home app to see if you get a prompt to update the network settings. Failing that you can restore the HomePod and set up as new.

See:

tt2

Dec 28, 2021 12:23 PM in response to weldene

I just had the following situation play out:

While I was away from home, visiting my in-law’s, I purchased two HomePod minis that were on sale for $79.99.

That evening, I set one of them up on my in-law’s Wi-Fi connection.

A couple days later, when I was back home, I plugged in my two new HomePod minis. As I expected, the one I set up at my in-law’s started to complain when it couldn’t find my in-law’s Wi-Fi.

Before I could even find information about changing a HomePod mini’s Wi-Fi connection, the one that was struggling figured it out on it’s own.

Presumably it did this like Apple’s automated recommended response to you says — by the way of inheriting other Wi-Fi connection credentials that are linked to my AppleID — via my iCloud Keychain.

𝗤 : 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘗𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘪 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰 (𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥), 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦?

Dec 28, 2021 1:52 PM in response to turingtest2

Lol, that you did indeed do, tt2!

𝙒𝙖𝙮𝙮𝙮 𝙤𝙩, 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 a test for 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 a 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 “𝙏𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝟮” 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵?

[I studied the Turing Test in a computational math class (that was one of my CompSci B.Sc. degree’s required courses) a few decades ago, in university.]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.