Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting HomePod mini to my MacBook Pro

My son gave me a HomePod mini as a gift and it has been a "gong show" to try to connect to my MacBook Pro 16. Have been using Apple since 1980 and never have had so much trouble connecting to an Apple Device...PLEASE Help!

HomePod mini

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 12:51 PM

13 replies

Dec 27, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Fred Davenport

You need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to set up a HomePod. From HomePod mini - Technical Specifications - Apple:

System Requirements

• iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest version of iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation) or later, iPad Air 2 or later, or iPad mini 4 or later with the latest version of iPadOS
  • 802.11n Wi‑Fi internet access

tt2

Dec 27, 2021 3:26 PM in response to Fred Davenport

Do mean that your Mac has macOS 11.6 Big Sur? If so then it should be compatible with HomePod. This should be the relevant section of the article above:

Stream audio from your Mac

1. Make sure your Mac and speaker are on the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.
  2. Open Apple Music on your Mac.
  3. To the right of the volume slider in Apple Music, click AirPlay .
  4. Click each speaker or TV that you want to play the current audio on.

If you can't see the AirPlay icon  or if you want to stream audio from a different app:

1. On your Mac, select Control Centre  in the menu bar. 
  2. Click AirPlay  under Sound. 
  3. Select a speaker you want to play the current audio on.

tt2

Dec 28, 2021 12:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Thx T,

You are the very best!

I was able to connect my iTunes to the HomePod mini, but as you know there are many, many options to listen to music, Pandora, Spotify and more. I still cannot play Pandora and others from my MBP 16 to the HP mini as the HP Mini is NOT visible from the Control Panel via Airplay. Thx much for any help. I am MacOS 11.6

Connecting HomePod mini to my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.