Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you recover the notes that were created while icloud was not working and disappeared?

I've making notes in Notes app for more than weeks lately and now I can not find them. This is what happened... I prefer to save notes on local machine so I have enabled "on my Mac account" and usually don't use icloud. I've making a lot notes lately for weeks and I thought they were saved on my macbook. While using Notes app and create a new note, small pop up window often appeared and asked me to connect to icloud, and I always clicked "cancel" button. Last night I wanted to stop the small window keeping appearing, so I deselected Notes app on icloud in System Preferences. After that I can not find the notes I've created recently. I thought they were saved on the macbook, but they were not saved there.

I think the problem happened because Apple Notes app didn't save the notes on local machine even "on my Mac account" was selected if Notes is marked in icloud in System Preferences.

Does anybody know how to recover the notes disappeared in this situation?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:04 AM

Log into www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and Password. Go Notes and see if there is a Recently Deleted notes listed, If yes and notes are there move them back to Active section of Notes.

1 reply

Can you recover the notes that were created while icloud was not working and disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.