Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do we do if we made an icloud account within thirty days but still want to change apple id to the new icloud email?

I just got the new MacBook Pro and created a new icloud email for the apple id. How do I connect that apple id to my iPhone so I can see my messages on the MacBook? I understand if an iCloud email has been made within the last thirty days it won't allow you. But is there any way around that?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 4:17 PM

The only way to make a new x@icloud .com email address is to make a new AppleID and use it to make a new iCloud account. As such, you can never use that iCloud email address with any other AppleID as it is already tied to the AppleID you just made on your new Mac.

On your iPhone, you can sign the AppleID used there out of cloud and sign in with the new AppleID and new iCloud account you just made. BT your apps on the iPhone will remain tied to the current AppleID you use there now.

Once made, you cannot edit a x@icloud.com email address. You can use aliases if you want, but the original address you create is never changeable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 4:17 PM in response to Community User

The only way to make a new x@icloud .com email address is to make a new AppleID and use it to make a new iCloud account. As such, you can never use that iCloud email address with any other AppleID as it is already tied to the AppleID you just made on your new Mac.

On your iPhone, you can sign the AppleID used there out of cloud and sign in with the new AppleID and new iCloud account you just made. BT your apps on the iPhone will remain tied to the current AppleID you use there now.

Once made, you cannot edit a x@icloud.com email address. You can use aliases if you want, but the original address you create is never changeable.

what do we do if we made an icloud account within thirty days but still want to change apple id to the new icloud email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.