Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect my new iPhone 13 to my car or to my mini speaker. Obviously this is a big problem. I just updated to the new iOS, did not fix anything

OK, obviously many of us are having problems connecting via Bluetooth. My new iPhone 13 won’t connect to my 2015 Lexus nor to my Bose mini speaker. I just uploaded the most recent iOS, did not fix anything. Apple, why no response to all these complaints?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 6:18 PM

Have you put your phone and the Bluetooth devices into Pairing mode at the same time→Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. What was the result when you did?

4 replies

Dec 27, 2021 6:36 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Interestingly enough, after many different attempted fixes, btw one did get my iPhone asking if I agree to pair with the speaker; even though I answered affirmatively, it could not complete the task. So then I went to Bose, they suggested resetting my speaker, that did it. With a Bose mini speaker, that entails holding down the mute button for 10 seconds until the lights flash for anyone who cares. I don’t know how to reset my car though…

Dec 30, 2021 3:37 AM in response to Dmac1956

I have a new iPhone 13 Pro and a new MacBook Pro. I can connect the two with a cable but they won't speak to each other by bluetooth. Id' like to transfer photos from the phone to the MacBook this way and have them automatically transfer to the MacBook from the phone but the message I get is that the pairing is unsuccessful as not supported! This cannot be right??

Dec 30, 2021 7:27 AM in response to Domly

Domly wrote:

I have a new iPhone 13 Pro and a new MacBook Pro. I can connect the two with a cable but they won't speak to each other by bluetooth. Id' like to transfer photos from the phone to the MacBook this way and have them automatically transfer to the MacBook from the phone but the message I get is that the pairing is unsuccessful as not supported! This cannot be right??

That is correct. Apple does not support file transfer Bluetooth profiles for either Macs of iOS devices, but Bluetooth is not needed for any purpose. You can use Bluetooth for Internet tethering, allowing your Mac to use your iPhone data connection, but Wi-Fi is better for that use. You can can connect using cable and Wi-Fi for backup and syncing. You can also use Airdrop for file transfer between Macs and iOS devices. It’s a secure proprietary protocol that uses both Bluetooth LE (which does not require pairing) and Wi-Fi. It just requires that both devices be on the same Wi-Fi network.

I cannot connect my new iPhone 13 to my car or to my mini speaker. Obviously this is a big problem. I just updated to the new iOS, did not fix anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.