Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need my recently deleted photos back on on my phone

I need my recently deleted photos back on my phone

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:09 AM

Do you use iCloud for Photos? If you do then, the photos are deleted permanently if you have also emptied out the Recently Deleted Folder.

If you do not use iCloud for Photos, and you have backup file on your computer before you deleted the photos, then you can restore your iPhone from that computer backup. This action will then bring the photos back to the photos app. NOTE that your iPhone will also be returned to the state that it was when that backup was created.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 1:09 AM in response to jamique176

Do you use iCloud for Photos? If you do then, the photos are deleted permanently if you have also emptied out the Recently Deleted Folder.

If you do not use iCloud for Photos, and you have backup file on your computer before you deleted the photos, then you can restore your iPhone from that computer backup. This action will then bring the photos back to the photos app. NOTE that your iPhone will also be returned to the state that it was when that backup was created.

Axel F.

I need my recently deleted photos back on on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.