Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iPad bought from USA (AIR4 (Wi-Fi only))work in India ?

My uncle is currently in USA on a family trip

If he buys a IPAD AIR 4 Wi-Fi (not cellular)

and brings it to india for me

Will it work here?..any extra steps or charges for it?

What about the warranty?

And also..he would need to open the iPad and activate it before going to airport ...or else customs will be charged right?

Please help.

(Also i couldn't find AIR 4 in the device section ...so i selected AIR 3 WiFi)

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 10:18 PM

Yes the iPad Air Wi-Fi only model will work in India. No extra steps are needed.

The Apple 1YR Limited Warranty or Apple Care+ will apply, however, if your iPad needs service in the future, then you will have to take it back to the US. Warranties are honored only in the region that the device was purchased in. If the warranty and service is important to you, then you are probably better off purchasing your iPad Air 4th Generation in India.

I do not have the answer to your customs related question.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 10:18 PM in response to Nirbhayy

Yes the iPad Air Wi-Fi only model will work in India. No extra steps are needed.

The Apple 1YR Limited Warranty or Apple Care+ will apply, however, if your iPad needs service in the future, then you will have to take it back to the US. Warranties are honored only in the region that the device was purchased in. If the warranty and service is important to you, then you are probably better off purchasing your iPad Air 4th Generation in India.

I do not have the answer to your customs related question.

Axel F.

Will iPad bought from USA (AIR4 (Wi-Fi only))work in India ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.