Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my iphone 7 plus

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:58 PM

Thanks for posting the screen shot. You have several things that are not meeting the requirements to update your iPhone over a Wi-Fi Network. Your iPhone is in Low Power Mode. Set this to OFF. Your iPhone is also not connected to a Wi-Fi Network. Connect it to a Wi-Fi Network. Ensure that your iPhone is also connected to electrical power. A few other things to note are listed below:

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network.

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 11:58 PM in response to munasa

Thanks for posting the screen shot. You have several things that are not meeting the requirements to update your iPhone over a Wi-Fi Network. Your iPhone is in Low Power Mode. Set this to OFF. Your iPhone is also not connected to a Wi-Fi Network. Connect it to a Wi-Fi Network. Ensure that your iPhone is also connected to electrical power. A few other things to note are listed below:

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network.

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

I can’t update my iphone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.