Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods won’t stay connected to iPhone when I’m working on mac

Hello, this seems to be a major design flaw. My AirPods continue to disconnect while I’m talking on my iPhone (or listening to something) if I’m working on my Mac. This happens with the pro, 3 and original. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a setting I’m missing?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 6:42 AM

hi you can turn off the automatic switching in your AirPods to prevent to disconnect from one device to another because they detects audio and seamlessly they connect when one of your devices plays audio , let’s say your listening some music in your iPhone with the AirPods in your ears but you are working on your Mac and the iPhone could be in other room or not to close from u so if you play something with audio in your Mac the AirPods will detect that sound then they will disconnect from the iPhone to connect to your Mac , I had that experience before isn’t AirPods issues is something that you can handle manually in settings on your iPhone with the AirPods in your ears go to Bluetooth find the AirPods good luck to the blue circle then find, connect to this iPhone , get there and select the other option not the automatic as by default they are set it up

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 6:42 AM in response to AnthonyCi

hi you can turn off the automatic switching in your AirPods to prevent to disconnect from one device to another because they detects audio and seamlessly they connect when one of your devices plays audio , let’s say your listening some music in your iPhone with the AirPods in your ears but you are working on your Mac and the iPhone could be in other room or not to close from u so if you play something with audio in your Mac the AirPods will detect that sound then they will disconnect from the iPhone to connect to your Mac , I had that experience before isn’t AirPods issues is something that you can handle manually in settings on your iPhone with the AirPods in your ears go to Bluetooth find the AirPods good luck to the blue circle then find, connect to this iPhone , get there and select the other option not the automatic as by default they are set it up

Dec 29, 2021 6:50 AM in response to AnthonyCi

Hello AnthonyCi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue with the connection between your AirPods and your devices. If you have followed the steps in the article If your AirPods won't connect and still have an issue after resetting the AirPods, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

AirPods won’t stay connected to iPhone when I’m working on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.