Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erasing music videos

While managing storage on my MacAir there are apparently music videos in the app Music which take up 25.77 Gb. In the app there are no music videos to be located. Nor have I ever loaded music videos on to the Mac. I have made home movies in iMovie but these are all exported. So where might these supposed music videos be? Of course I want to free up space where possible.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 6:27 AM

Hi amgreven,

Thanks for the information. It certainly is odd you're unable to locate the files to remove the music videos. We'd recommend booting to safe mode and checking as well. How to use safe mode on your Mac

To locate the the third party article here might help: iTunes Library Locations & How To Quickly Find iTunes Songs on a Computer

You can also view the previous Apple Support Communities post here: Where is my iTunes media folder

Cheers!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 6:27 AM in response to amgreven

Hi amgreven,

Thanks for the information. It certainly is odd you're unable to locate the files to remove the music videos. We'd recommend booting to safe mode and checking as well. How to use safe mode on your Mac

To locate the the third party article here might help: iTunes Library Locations & How To Quickly Find iTunes Songs on a Computer

You can also view the previous Apple Support Communities post here: Where is my iTunes media folder

Cheers!

Dec 29, 2021 7:46 AM in response to amgreven

Hi amgreven,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with managing your MacBook Air storage. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

We recommend starting with the steps in the guide here: Optimize storage on your Mac

We also recommend checking for the music video or content by locating where the file is stored. The guide here can assist: Change where your music files are stored on Mac

You can also check the Apple TV app to see if any content is stored there to delete and free some additional storage: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device

Cheers!

erasing music videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.