Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K

How do I use my hotels WiFi on my apple Tv? I cannot figure out how to agree to the hotels T&C as there is no web browser to do so? Seems a bit amateurish on Apples part.

Has anyone got a work around? Aside from contacting the hotels ISP and using personal hot spot.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 8:49 AM

You don't most major hotel chains add extra layers of security to prevent customers from adding streaming devices. They do this to limit the amount of band width they use. This is NOT an Apple TV or Apple issue, it's the hotel chain you are dealing with. You can contact your hotel's networking staff and see if they will offer a work-around however don't count on it.

The good news is there is a work around and that is to get yourself a Travel Router and setup your own network at your hotel. You can easily find Travel Routers from Amazon, for example

Amazon.com: GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2(Mango) Portable Mini Travel Wireless Pocket VPN Router - WiFi Router/Access Point/Extender/WDS | OpenWrt | 2 x Ethernet Ports | OpenVPN/Wireguard VPN | USB 2.0 Port | 128MB RAM : Electronics

Pretty simple to setup and then simply connect the Apple TV to the new network and you are in business.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 8:49 AM in response to Ivabigin

You don't most major hotel chains add extra layers of security to prevent customers from adding streaming devices. They do this to limit the amount of band width they use. This is NOT an Apple TV or Apple issue, it's the hotel chain you are dealing with. You can contact your hotel's networking staff and see if they will offer a work-around however don't count on it.

The good news is there is a work around and that is to get yourself a Travel Router and setup your own network at your hotel. You can easily find Travel Routers from Amazon, for example

Amazon.com: GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2(Mango) Portable Mini Travel Wireless Pocket VPN Router - WiFi Router/Access Point/Extender/WDS | OpenWrt | 2 x Ethernet Ports | OpenVPN/Wireguard VPN | USB 2.0 Port | 128MB RAM : Electronics

Pretty simple to setup and then simply connect the Apple TV to the new network and you are in business.

Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.