Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard not working after iOS 15

Why can’t just open the keyboard - why do i have to through all that CRAP just to get the keyboard to open and STAY OPEN???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 9:15 AM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2021 12:27 PM in response to LotusPilot

As an example, I am now in my iPhone because again the keyboard will not open on my iPad. I am on the communities page trying to elaborate on my comment above, but I can’t do it on the iPad. When I press Reply under your response then tap inside the box to type in my answer, the keyboard does not appear. Nothing happens except the edit menu appears above where I tried to type. This happens often but not all the time. It doesn’t seem to happen on any particular website (although it happens more on my Norton Safe Search page that I use as my home page) and I can’t figure out any reason why the keyboard would not come up.

I have to exit Safari then re-open it, and sometimes the keyboard still does not come up.

This does not happen on my iPhone which is still iOS 14.8, only happens on iPad which I sadly updated to iOS 15 and only started after the 15 update.

I am confused and frustrated. Thanks for any ideas you have to fix this.

Chris

iPad keyboard not working after iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.