Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 cannot connect via Bluetooth to MacBook Air 2021

My Iphone 12 cannot connect via Bluetooth to MacBook Air 2021.

I tried many ways as per online suggestions and none work.

The MacBook has been updated to the latest Monterey IOS and the Iphone 12 has been updated to IOS 15.2.

My Iphone 12 appears on the MacBook Air 2021 Bluetooth window and after pressing the "connect", I get a sequence of numbers and a "pair" option. I press the "pair" on my iphone and then on the MacBook it appears as it is connecting and then it says "not connected". Immediately after that I get a "Pairing Unsuccesful - (name of the MacBook) - Is not supported".

Does anyone has a similar issue? My Airpods Pro do connect fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KteeMqz

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 2:17 PM

KteeMqz wrote:

The MacBook has been updated to the latest Monterey IOS and the Iphone 12 has been updated to IOS 15.2.
My Iphone 12 appears on the MacBook Air 2021 Bluetooth window and after pressing the "connect", I get a sequence of numbers and a "pair" option. I press the "pair" on my iphone and then on the MacBook it appears as it is connecting and then it says "not connected". Immediately after that I get a "Pairing Unsuccesful - (name of the MacBook) - Is not supported".

KteeMqz

You can only pair iphone to mac for tethering, is that what you're trying to do?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 2:17 PM in response to KteeMqz

KteeMqz wrote:

KteeMqz

You can only pair iphone to mac for tethering, is that what you're trying to do?

Iphone 12 cannot connect via Bluetooth to MacBook Air 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.