Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

How do I access all of my photos on my new macbook? The photos app only shows the past 6 months but I have years of photos on icloud.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:59 PM

I assume you upgraded about 6 monts ago, and all the photos have been added since.

if so, you need to sync your library with iCloud...

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 3:59 PM in response to _JessMcC

I assume you upgraded about 6 monts ago, and all the photos have been added since.

if so, you need to sync your library with iCloud...

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.