Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 8.3 unable to edit text in Alarm labels or Reminders

I just replaced my iPhone XS with an iphone 13 pro yesterday and transitioned my Apple watch 6 to the new phone. Today I'm finding that on the watch I am unable to edit reminders or alarm labels. I can enter the modified text into the alarm or label, but the changed text doesn't save - the original text stays unchanged. I tried re-booting the watch and the phone, but it doesn't solve the problem.

The new phone was set up by restoring a full backup saved on my iMac. The watch was unpaired from the old phone. It wouldn't re-pair to the new phone, so it ended up restoring from the new phone.

All old and new devices were updated to the latest OS versions before the transitions.

Any suggestions on how to get the watch functions to work properly again?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:52 PM

Similar questions

23 replies

Dec 29, 2021 12:02 PM in response to markwhy

Hello markwhy,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about changing alarm tiles on your Apple Watch. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

Are these the same alarms on your iPhone, if so try editing the alarm directly on the iPhone. Here's a resource that can help:

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone

If these are separate alarms, and you can't edit them, try adding a new alarm and see if you are able to label the alarm the way you wish. If you can you can add a new alarm and delete the old alarm.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Feb 27, 2022 9:43 AM in response to Jeff_55

I have found the wording of the command is extremely important. You must say it EXACTLY as I said in my previous post.

If you say “Change my noon alarm” she’ll respond “What time do you want me to change to?” If you say “Change my noon alarm to Lunchtime” she’ll respond the same way.

If you say “Change my noon alarm name to Lunch with Shawn” it will work. Hit should be like below.

Feb 3, 2022 2:42 PM in response to Gene_Kuhns

Gene_Kuhns wrote:

Apple support…

Alarm Labels, please fix this issue.

Can you set an alarm. Try to change the label for that alarm. But it stays as the same label that it was before. So annoying.

This is a user-to-user technical support forum, with unpaid volunteers answering questions.

If you want Apple Support, then I suggest you click on this link: Get Support

Mar 1, 2022 1:32 AM in response to karsten209

It has to be a bug, right? If it was a feature limitation, you wouldn't even have the option to change it.

In other words: if it was a feature limitation, you wouldn't be able to [a] navigate to an existing alarm, [b] tap the Name of the alarm, and [c] be prompted with the Watch keyboard (and even with a companion notification for keyboard entry on the iPhone).

It has to be a bug.

watchOS 8.3 unable to edit text in Alarm labels or Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.