Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can't I Upgrade?

Since when can I no longer update my Mac? I had a MacBook (original, not Pro) for over 10 years and was able to pay for the new software. With my "new" Mac (refurb from 2015) I'm at MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and need to upgrade because some apps are no longer compatible. I'm assuming my machine is "older", but its still very powerful, so what's the big deal? I'd pay for the new OS version, if only it were available.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 5:20 PM

Hey, yeah unfortunately its no longer supported for updates as it too old.

I greatly apologize for any problems this faces.

Although, I can possibly help a little further if you wish.

What apps are you trying to get to work?

I know a work around to some, but this does not apply to all.

Cheers

5 replies

Dec 28, 2021 5:03 PM in response to MeeshkaShaka

Hey, I am not an expert in this way, but I may be able to help you.

Can I know the exact model of your MacBook?

To do this go - Apple logo in top left of your mac and press it >Click About This Mac > Where it says MacBook Pro (Under the MacOS version) What is the model? It should look something like this = "MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)"

Then please get back to me, thanks!

Also why you cant "buy" new software is modern day laptop's need a high amount of Ram, Storage and processing power to install and run these newer versions well, it would result in low performance, poor battery and the fans kicking in a lot more.

Also newer macs can get new updates for free, it use to be it would cost money.

Hope this helped.

Why Can't I Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.