Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deregister number that is no longer in service

I switched carriers after my iPhone broke. Then I bought a new iPhone under another carrier's plan. I need to deregister a phone number that is no longer in use from the previous carrier but in order to deregister it I need to receive a code from a phone number that doesn't exist anymore, and I cannot do that as I have a new phone number now. Please help!! I need to connect my new phone number to my Apple ID so I can receive messages and calls from my phone number and Apple ID on my iPhone and MacBook!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:53 PM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 6:53 PM in response to leena320

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Deregister number that is no longer in service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.