Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Battery Health

Does anybody feel iPhone 12 PRO Max battery health drop fast. I had been using the phone for 11 months now. My battery health remain steadily 100% in the first 3 months and after the 2 months, the battery health drop from 100% to 89% and recently drop 2% (87%) in one week.

I went to Apple store, they simply saying this is normal as your battery is not less than 80%.. Also they are asking to replace if needed and have to pay for the battery. As Apple promoting as most reliable phones but disappointed

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 8:50 PM

Well, when you start a smartphone company you can set the warranty limit at 90% if you want. Since no smartphone companies actually make their batteries they go by the recommendations of the battery makers. All battery makers say the battery is fine until it reaches 80% health/500 charge cycles. So all the smartphone companies (including Samsung, Google and Huawei) use that for warranty purposes.

A battery is still fine at 87%. And battery health does not go down in a linear manner.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 8:50 PM in response to balamuruganAmbikapathi

Well, when you start a smartphone company you can set the warranty limit at 90% if you want. Since no smartphone companies actually make their batteries they go by the recommendations of the battery makers. All battery makers say the battery is fine until it reaches 80% health/500 charge cycles. So all the smartphone companies (including Samsung, Google and Huawei) use that for warranty purposes.

A battery is still fine at 87%. And battery health does not go down in a linear manner.

Dec 28, 2021 8:55 PM in response to balamuruganAmbikapathi

OK, let me know. Just realize the battery maker will not cover it under their warranty so you will be absorbing the cost for millions of batteries that don't need to be replaced plus you are going to have to find an ecologically sound method to dispose of the batteries you replace. That will also cost a LOT of money. You are going to need to charge about $500 extra for each of your phones.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.