Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 1st generation iPad and need a recovery key for my Apple ID

I have a 1st generation iPad and need a recovery key for my Apple ID, can you generate the 28 numbers?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:05 AM

If you enabled the Recovery Key for your iPad, you will have received a warning that the RK must be kept safe - as if lost the RK cannot be regenerated.

If your iPad1 requires use of a Recovery Key - and the key has been lost - you will have permanently lost use of the iPad.

Perhaps take some comfort in understanding that, after recovery, the iPad1 would have almost no remaining utility - as all Apps and data will have been lost. Any previously downloaded Apps will no longer be available for download from the Apple App Store - as the vast majority (if not all) 32-bit Apps have been withdrawn by the respective App Developers.

You would be best advised to consider replacement of your obsolete iPad1 with a much newer model. The current entry-level iPad9 is massively more powerful than the first generation iPad - and supports iPadOS 15.2 (this being the current version of the Operating System) and all current 64-bit Apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 5:05 AM in response to CVK7

If you enabled the Recovery Key for your iPad, you will have received a warning that the RK must be kept safe - as if lost the RK cannot be regenerated.

If your iPad1 requires use of a Recovery Key - and the key has been lost - you will have permanently lost use of the iPad.

Perhaps take some comfort in understanding that, after recovery, the iPad1 would have almost no remaining utility - as all Apps and data will have been lost. Any previously downloaded Apps will no longer be available for download from the Apple App Store - as the vast majority (if not all) 32-bit Apps have been withdrawn by the respective App Developers.

You would be best advised to consider replacement of your obsolete iPad1 with a much newer model. The current entry-level iPad9 is massively more powerful than the first generation iPad - and supports iPadOS 15.2 (this being the current version of the Operating System) and all current 64-bit Apps.

I have a 1st generation iPad and need a recovery key for my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.