You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Required when trying to use itunes gift card

Lately i bought a $20 Itunes Gift Card, and i was going to buy this thing in my game but a message saying “Verification Required” keeps popping up, i clicked continue on it and it takes me to a page where you fill in your CC details. I’m not using a CC and it won’t let me edit my payment method because the button is grey. I’ve been trying to fix this and look at all the questions people have asked and the answers but none have been helpful.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 6:19 AM

Hi besela,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having an issue making a purchase because of a prompt to update your billing details and add a credit card. Let's help.

It looks like its asking that you add an additional payment method outside of using your Gift Card balance. Having an additional payment method on file may be required in some situations, but keep in mind, your Apple ID balance would be used first during purchases, before any charge would go onto the additional payment method.

Try Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods. If that doesn't work, try updating your Apple ID billing/payment details from the website directly: Manage your Apple ID

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 6:19 AM in response to besela

Hi besela,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having an issue making a purchase because of a prompt to update your billing details and add a credit card. Let's help.

It looks like its asking that you add an additional payment method outside of using your Gift Card balance. Having an additional payment method on file may be required in some situations, but keep in mind, your Apple ID balance would be used first during purchases, before any charge would go onto the additional payment method.

Try Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods. If that doesn't work, try updating your Apple ID billing/payment details from the website directly: Manage your Apple ID

Best regards.

Verification Required when trying to use itunes gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.