Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split Screen

Why did Apple remove ability to permanently disable the extremely annoying split screen feature ? Has anyone discovered a work round to overcome this failure to respond to previous complaints regarding this particularly intrusive feature on ios 15.2 ?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:08 AM

Thanks for quick reply but how do I stop ipad going into split screen mode seemingly at random what am I doing wrong to cause this to happen?

5 replies

Dec 29, 2021 1:25 AM in response to Applegarth5

I believe what is happening on our iPad is that, you may have already opened apps and then used some of them in Split Screen mode while pairing them with another app(s). You may have not broke this split screen / pairing relationship and therefore when you open this apps then they always open is split mode with the paired app. This may lead you to believe that the apps cannot be opened in single screen mode. Am I right about this assessment?

You best bet is to ➔ Close all apps on the iPad that are in the background. Shut down and Restart the iPad and then begin using each app in single screen mode without activating split screen.

Axel F.

Dec 29, 2021 12:56 AM in response to Applegarth5

Wait, Hang on. The Split Screen feature, on an iPad, is activated by the user. In other words, the feature is only active when the user chooses to do so. Split Screen does not happen automatically. If the user does not want to use this feature, then the user simply does not. You can use all your apps in the standard single/full screen mode if you want to. I am therefore not sure why there is a workaround needed?

Did I miss understanding something in your post? Please clarify if you believe that I have. Thanks.

Axel F.

Split Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.