Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound on my macbook pro stops working repeatedly. is there any resolution?

The sound on my macbook stops working repeatedly and I do not even know why. I am so frustrated by this behaviour of this macbook. Do you have any steps to fix it for good?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Hi there AdilJamshadIhsan,

This specific setting may not require to be refreshed again. However, different system settings may need to be refreshed in the future. The article provided shares the types of issues it can clear up if it is ever experienced.

Take care!

5 replies

Dec 30, 2021 9:22 AM in response to adilJamshadIhsan

Hello AdilJamshadIhsan,

We see the sound on your MacBook Pro has been working intermittently and understand wanting to get this resolved. We'd be happy to assist you with this!

It is pretty common for systems settings needing to be refreshed every now and then. What we suggest, is to try to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac and test your MacBook Pro.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Happy holidays!

Jan 25, 2022 7:27 AM in response to adilJamshadIhsan

Welcome back AdilJamshadIhsan!

We appreciate you providing an update with your MacBook Pro. We'd like you to try starting your Mac in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Doing this step will allow your Mac to run certain checks and prevents software from automatically loading or opening. Here are the steps to do this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please note that it will take longer than normal for your computer to load. Also, your screen may flash and change colors. Do not be alarmed this is normal behavior when accessing safe mode.

After starting up in safe mode, reboot normally and test.

If the issue continues, we recommend that you get in touch with Apple using this link to look into the next best steps: Get Support

Best!

Sound on my macbook pro stops working repeatedly. is there any resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.