Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi password

How do I make a wifi password

how do I make my own password when it’s public?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 11:53 AM

If you have a router in your setup, you will need to go into it's settings and change the password it came with. You can find the router in Settings. Your owner's manual will tell you how to change the settings or if you have no manual, you can check for the make and model on the internet to find instructions. You may have a router provided by your internet provider. If this is the case, you will need to contact that company and they may provide you with a new modem/router device. The recommended settings can be seen in the blue link above your name on this page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Lewisandcloud

If you have a router in your setup, you will need to go into it's settings and change the password it came with. You can find the router in Settings. Your owner's manual will tell you how to change the settings or if you have no manual, you can check for the make and model on the internet to find instructions. You may have a router provided by your internet provider. If this is the case, you will need to contact that company and they may provide you with a new modem/router device. The recommended settings can be seen in the blue link above your name on this page.

Wifi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.