Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube keeps signing me out on safari

Every couple of days, when I go to youtube, I am not signed in. it shows my subscriptions, however, I still need to log in. I've tried to reinstall macOS 3 times by now because I can't delete and reinstall safari, however, it did not solve the problem... The only solution is to delete the cache and it solves it only for a day or two. If you have any suggestions on how to solve the problem, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 4:11 PM

I did not test this problem in another browser... also I did not erase the hard drive before the reinstallation.

When I open youtube it does this weird thing where I can see my subscriptions, but at the same time, it tells me to log in, and the recommendations are not for my account. I've tried to remove the cache with CleanMyMac, however it did not help. I'm using safari with DuckDuckGo, Grammarly, Dashlane, and wipr extensions in case that can cause any problems. thank you for taking the time to answer.

Have a great day

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 4:11 PM in response to claire504

I did not test this problem in another browser... also I did not erase the hard drive before the reinstallation.

When I open youtube it does this weird thing where I can see my subscriptions, but at the same time, it tells me to log in, and the recommendations are not for my account. I've tried to remove the cache with CleanMyMac, however it did not help. I'm using safari with DuckDuckGo, Grammarly, Dashlane, and wipr extensions in case that can cause any problems. thank you for taking the time to answer.

Have a great day

Jan 2, 2022 12:06 PM in response to needhelpls03

needhelpls03,

Thank you for letting us know. If possible, we recommend testing in another web browser, as that can show if its only happening with Safari or any web browser being used with your MacBook Air. If you believe extensions might be causing the problem, you could disable all of those and then enable one on, one-by-one and test to see if the issue after turning a specific one on. That is how you would isolate an extension issue.

You could also test in a new user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac A new user doesn't have custom or changed settings, and could isolate this as well along with determine possible next steps.

Take care.

Dec 30, 2021 11:11 AM in response to needhelpls03

Hey needhelpls03,

It appears that every couple of days, you are logged out of your YouTube account when using Safari on your MacBook Air, even after reinstalling macOS three times. Were you able to test this in a different web browser? This can help isolate this issue further. Also, when you reinstall macOS, did you erase the hard drive before reinstalling or only reinstalled? We want to make sure we understand the steps taken.

Best wishes to you.

Jan 4, 2022 8:53 AM in response to claire504

Thank you for taking the time to try to solve my issue.

I've tried disabling and deleting the extensions, but it did not save the issue. however it seems that creating a new user does solve the issue. while to my user it happened twice by now, to the new user it did not happen at all. what can I do from here?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

YouTube keeps signing me out on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.