Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.1 Missed Ethernet Interface

After update from 12.0.1 to 12.1 in a MacMini , the Ethernet interface doesn't appear in Network

I only connect over wifi , but can't connect wired

I tried to recreate the interface in the menu Network but the behavior doesn't make the interface appear

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 5:53 AM

Problem solved.

After the upgrade to 12.1 , the aggregated link that stopped working and and the interfaces individually disappeared

The solution found was to delete the aggregated link and so the ethernet interfaces reappeared.

Now I'm using only one of the interfaces, from the MacMini itself

Tks for your attention !

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 5:53 AM in response to kamote0628

Problem solved.

After the upgrade to 12.1 , the aggregated link that stopped working and and the interfaces individually disappeared

The solution found was to delete the aggregated link and so the ethernet interfaces reappeared.

Now I'm using only one of the interfaces, from the MacMini itself

Tks for your attention !

Dec 30, 2021 11:23 AM in response to gilsonfromsao paulo

Hi gilsonfromsao paulo, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are no longer getting the Ethernet interface after an update.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Have you had the chance to try a different ethernet cable?

Have you had the chance to try a different ethernet port?

Have you had the chance to try a direct modem connection?

Have you had the chance to try a different network?

If you answer yes to all questions and the issue persists, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode.

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account.

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Take care!

Monterey 12.1 Missed Ethernet Interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.