Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Apple ID between devices

Is it good for my iPhone and new iPad to share the same Apple ID? I want the devices to share music but I don't want to receive/text iMessages on my iPad.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 3:32 PM

It makes perfect sense for both devices to share your same Apple ID. You can download purchased content on both devices when using the same ID on both without paying for them twice. There are many other advantages as well such as sharing the same iCloud account and storage, syncing content with iCloud on both devices and more.

If you don’t want to receive text messages on the iPad don’t set up and use iMessage on it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 3:32 PM in response to arly333

It makes perfect sense for both devices to share your same Apple ID. You can download purchased content on both devices when using the same ID on both without paying for them twice. There are many other advantages as well such as sharing the same iCloud account and storage, syncing content with iCloud on both devices and more.

If you don’t want to receive text messages on the iPad don’t set up and use iMessage on it.

Sharing Apple ID between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.