Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery

i have problem with my battery,

my macbook always runs out of battery even though my macbook is completely turned off. (after the macbook is shutdown the battery continues to be used, its usage is the same as when the macbook is turned on)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 4:13 PM

12 replies

Jan 3, 2022 2:05 PM in response to andreseptian

Give this a try: with the battery reporting low boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and check it to see if it's the same or not. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Jan 1, 2022 2:33 PM in response to andreseptian

Is I read the picture correctly 175 Full Battery Cycles and 97% of Capacity

To compare my M1 MBA purchased March 2021 has 10 Full Battery Cycles and 100 % of Capacity

Your battery would appear normal IMHO.

Batteries are considered Consumable Products. Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced. The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%. Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 and Big Sur  & Monterey If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

Depending on the Age of the computer, some aspects from the above links, may or may not apply to your computer.

A feature introduced into Big Sur & Monterey was to preserve the number of Full Battery Cycles - there was an Algorithm coded into the macOS. It is perfectly Normal for Big Sur , Monterey to Pause / Suspend charging the battery beyond 80% and hold it at that level. One can nudge / over-ride this by clicking the Battery Icon on Desktop Top Bar and allow charging beyond 80%. From observations, it will Pause / Suspend again once reading 90%. Same procedure to over-ride and will charge to 100%

Dec 30, 2021 1:59 AM in response to andreseptian

andreseptian wrote:

i have problem with my battery,
my macbook always runs out of battery even though my macbook is completely turned off. (after the macbook is shutdown the battery continues to be used, its usage is the same as when the macbook is turned on)

How has one determined the battery is being used even when it is shut OFF ?

If the computer is really Turned OFF - one could not measure the battery is being used. Not possible.

Dec 30, 2021 4:40 PM in response to PRP_53

so like this, I measured my battery before it was turned off. my battery shows at 90% state,

i did shutdown my computer, and i left my computer in the off state for 12 hours, (I've made sure that my macbook is turned off through shutdown)

when I turn on my computer, the battery is drained by about 60%. and the condition of the battery now shows only 30% remaining.

and this happened to me when I upgraded from bigsur to montenery

battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.