Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

Hi can i ask how can i block or locked my iphone if it was stolen? And also the thief already change my apple ID he already have the access to my phone. Is it still possible to lock the iphone

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:43 PM

First I would say check this about a stolen phone. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support However, you are saying the thief already changed your Apple ID? How did that happen, did you not have a passcode on the phone? Did you share or did they know the password of your current Apple ID? If they changed Apple ID and Find My, then they have complete access to your device. You will not be able to lock it if they changed the Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 6:43 PM in response to Jamesnate

First I would say check this about a stolen phone. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support However, you are saying the thief already changed your Apple ID? How did that happen, did you not have a passcode on the phone? Did you share or did they know the password of your current Apple ID? If they changed Apple ID and Find My, then they have complete access to your device. You will not be able to lock it if they changed the Apple ID.

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.