Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

typing issue

13" MacBook Pro 2020 M1 17,1, bought new in November 2021

While typing my curser will randomly skip back several words and insert the letters between previous words. This is happening more and more frequently, seems to happen when using the keys on far right side of keyboard around the colon or L keys, happens more often when typing fast, but not always. It's very annoying, I don't want to have to constantly stop and go back to correct and retype. I've checked to see if I'm accidentally hitting the return or shift keys and I am not. Is this a defect in keyboard or a hardware issue covered by the 1 year warranty?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:50 PM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports keyboard related error(NDK001, NDK003, NDK004).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Yes, defects keyboard or hardware issue are covered by one year limited warranty.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 17, 2022 12:34 AM in response to bearmore

I was getting ready to start the diagnostics process when I realized the problem hadn't occurred the last few times I had typed.. I believe it stopped after I shut down/restarted my laptop. I had not been shutting down, just putting it to sleep, for a few weeks, maybe a month. I don't know if that's what did it, but it is no longer a problem now so I'm relieved. I will shut down more often now. Thanks for your help.

typing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.