Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DAC(digital to audio converter)

Does anybody know which Apple products include a built-in DAC? I want to listen to lossless music and I already know that cannot be achieved via Bluetooth headphones/earbuds.

I see Apple has a $9 Lighting to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter? Does this one include a built-in DAC?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:08 PM

Hello machado22,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We see that you're wondering if the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter would allow you to listen to lossless audio on your iPhone.

This adapter would support lossless audio using wired headphones as mentioned under the "Frequently asked questions about lossless" section in the support article below:

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

"Can I listen to lossless audio using Apple’s Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter?

Yes. The Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter is designed to transmit audio from the iPhone’s Lightning connector. It contains a digital-to-analog converter that supports up to 24-bit/48 kHz lossless audio."

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 7:08 PM in response to machado22

Hello machado22,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We see that you're wondering if the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter would allow you to listen to lossless audio on your iPhone.

This adapter would support lossless audio using wired headphones as mentioned under the "Frequently asked questions about lossless" section in the support article below:

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

"Can I listen to lossless audio using Apple’s Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter?

Yes. The Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter is designed to transmit audio from the iPhone’s Lightning connector. It contains a digital-to-analog converter that supports up to 24-bit/48 kHz lossless audio."

Take care.

DAC(digital to audio converter)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.