Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac fan keeps running

My iMac fan keeps running.

I have just returned from a holiday, during which my iMac was turned off.

Onstarting it iup again, the fan came on immediately and stays opn. I have tried switching it opff and starting again, but thye fan starts again.

What is the prblem?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 7:23 AM

Hey stevegoulden,

It appears that, after returning home after holiday, the fans on your iMac started up immediately and haven't stopped since. Good job on restarting, and we're glad to provide assistance.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support -- Make sure that the vents of your iMac are clear of dust or debris. If that doesn't stop the fans from running, please continue below.

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support -- See if the information and steps in this resources resolves the issue.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 7:23 AM in response to stevegoulden

Hey stevegoulden,

It appears that, after returning home after holiday, the fans on your iMac started up immediately and haven't stopped since. Good job on restarting, and we're glad to provide assistance.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support -- Make sure that the vents of your iMac are clear of dust or debris. If that doesn't stop the fans from running, please continue below.

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support -- See if the information and steps in this resources resolves the issue.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

iMac fan keeps running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.