Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Camera

Hi! I'm using a 7plus iPhone and my wife an iPhone SE (2nd generation).

We both have IOS upgraded to 14.8

Today I realized that -using my wife's iPhone SE to get a shot with portrait mode- she has more options than I have on my iPhone (that is, she can choose among different "light" options).

I can't understand why there are these differences as we have the same IOS and I never read about differences between the same App (particularly Apple Apps) on two different devices due to different hardware... maybe I didn't read in the right place...

Thanks in advance for your replies.

(Happy New Year!)

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:10 AM

Hey Alberto,

That is correct. There would be different camera hardware and software options between the iPhone 7 Plus and the iPhone SE 2nd Gen.

Their technical specification pages explain more under the 'Camera' sections:

iPhone 7 Plus - Technical Specifications

iPhone SE (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications

Let us know if that clears things up, cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Alberto Ferrari1

Hey Alberto,

That is correct. There would be different camera hardware and software options between the iPhone 7 Plus and the iPhone SE 2nd Gen.

Their technical specification pages explain more under the 'Camera' sections:

iPhone 7 Plus - Technical Specifications

iPhone SE (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications

Let us know if that clears things up, cheers!

Dec 31, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Alberto Ferrari1

Hello Alberto Ferrari1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you have some questions about the differences between your iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone SE (2nd Gen) cameras and options. We'll do our best to assist.

As you stated in your post, there are differences between the camera's hardware and the options within these camera settings.

The Portrait mode lighting effects change after the iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later.

We'd recommend reviewing the following resource to gain a better understanding:

Save camera settings on iPhone

Change advanced camera settings on iPhone

Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

Hoping these help out, take care.

Jan 1, 2022 3:57 PM in response to destiny241

I read what you suggested, but I want to be sure I understood correctly.

Can I guess that there is NO WAY to have on my iPhone 7 plus the same option I find on iPhone SE (for instance shall I never be able to apply studio-quality lighting effects to my Portrait mode photos? ... even if I have the same iOS?)

Have I to presume that the two iPhones have some peculiar differences in their Hardware?

TIA

Alberto

iPhone Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.