Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to see what IPaddress is linked to my phone. Please advise.

How can see what IP address is linked to my phone.

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:40 AM

The owner of the IP address is either your ISP or your Cellular carrier depending on how you were connected (Wi-Fi or Cellular). They are the ones that assign that public IP to your device or connection.

The location obtained from that IP address will in most cases not match up to your physical location, it will be tied to your ISPs or Cellular service providers local service or junction center which may not be anywhere near you. It has nothing to do with you or any other physical person.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 7:40 AM in response to niecy970

The owner of the IP address is either your ISP or your Cellular carrier depending on how you were connected (Wi-Fi or Cellular). They are the ones that assign that public IP to your device or connection.

The location obtained from that IP address will in most cases not match up to your physical location, it will be tied to your ISPs or Cellular service providers local service or junction center which may not be anywhere near you. It has nothing to do with you or any other physical person.

Trying to see what IPaddress is linked to my phone. Please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.