Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch Cellular Vs none

I received a SE apple watch this year. I have yet to open the box because I just wanted to know what differences upgrading the watch to cellular did. Specifically, I was wondering that if I wanted to go for a run and left my phone at home, without cellular would I be able to connect my airpods to my watch and listen to music off of an app like spotify. Thank you!

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:53 AM

Also, you do not need a Cellular watch to connect your AirPods to it, but you will need Cellular if you plan on streaming music from an online service such as Spotify or, Apple Music.

If you download the music to the watch before hand, you can play it without requiring a cellular connection.

Cellular basically provides the option of connecting to cell service without your iPhone, to make calls, send messages and access the internet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 7:53 AM in response to KieraOneill

Also, you do not need a Cellular watch to connect your AirPods to it, but you will need Cellular if you plan on streaming music from an online service such as Spotify or, Apple Music.

If you download the music to the watch before hand, you can play it without requiring a cellular connection.

Cellular basically provides the option of connecting to cell service without your iPhone, to make calls, send messages and access the internet.

Apple watch Cellular Vs none

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.