Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Morning VS Night Shifts Counter

Hello there,

I have a numbers sheet for my team, at which I set up a rotational shift system per month for a team of four, the tables -as shown below- allow me to know the following parameters:

• Daily Shifts for every employee
  • who's working morning shifts and who's working night shifts
  • number of shifts per week and per month for every employee

I'm trying to add a counter that counts how many morning shifts VS how many night shifts everyone had, but I can't wrap my head around the formula needed to be used for numbers in the table "Night VS Morning" so that it would update automatically whenever I type "Morning" or "Night" in the weeks' tables on the left.

If anyone can help me with this it'd be extremely helpful.

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 8:08 AM

3 replies

Dec 30, 2021 3:20 PM in response to ElMarakbi

Before answering your question in its entirety, are the Week 1, Week 2, etc. tables one large table or are they all separate tables. If separate tables I am wondering what the formula is in your "Month's Total Shifts" table. I will base my formulas on what you did there.

It might be easiest if you added two additional columns. One for number of morning shifts, one for number of night shifts. Your "count" would then be the sum of those two values.

I2 (morning shifts) =SUMIF(B2:H2,"Morning")

J2 (night shifts) = SUMIF(B2:H2,"Night")

K2(total shifts) = I2+J2

From this you can can use SUMIF to sum the morning and night shifts for each person. The details depend on whether tour weeks are one table or multiple tables.

Morning VS Night Shifts Counter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.