Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro GPS “drifting” requiring daily rebooting

I found a bunch of posts where people are having issues with the gps being incorrect with their iPhone 13’s.

For me, it has turned into requiring me to reboot my iPhone at least once a day. I know it is not an issue with my service being off because I use my iPhone 13 as a hotspot for another old iPhone to play Pokémon and the gps location is correct on that one.

I can’t figure out a pattern that is making it start to drift. It will be fine for many hours and then just after doing the same things all the sudden it is 100 yards to .5 miles off where I actually am.

I have had iPhones since the very first one and have never had an issue until this iPhone 13. I have seen some posts think that it was due to CarPlay, but that doesn’t seem to have an affect on this for me. I have seen it get fixed for some folks by restoring their iPhone to factory settings and not use a backup, but I hate the thought of all those changes… and I have seen where a couple of folks tried that and it did not fix their issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion of some setting to check?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:11 PM

1. go to settings>general>reset>and reset location and privacy.
  2. go to settings>privacy>location services>system services and turn on anything that has to do with location.
  3. force reboot your device - Force reboot device - Apple Support

Do all of these in order.

Similar questions

8 replies

iPhone 13 Pro GPS “drifting” requiring daily rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.