Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air

Hi, my macbook air is frozen i can move the mouse but cant click on anything. Now i cant type in my password to log in into my mac. I have tried force quit using command opt esc and pressing on my touch id for a few seconds but nothing happens. How can i solve this pleaseee help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 10:49 PM

8 replies

Dec 30, 2021 11:00 PM in response to arifah96

arifah96 Said:

"Macbook air : Hi, my macbook air is frozen i can move the mouse but cant click on anything. Now i cant type in my password to log in into my mac. I have tried force quit using command opt esc and pressing on my touch id for a few seconds but nothing happens. How can i solve this pleaseee help!"

-------

Try Force Quit...

Use this User Tip: [command+tab] Use it to Access your Mac when Something is Not Responding - User Tip

In Depth:

First, you need to exit the apps and get to Finder (the Smileyface):  Once in Finder, use Force Quit...

Use Force Quit for Each App:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: an app
  4. Click: the Force Quit... button
  5. Click: the Force Quit... Button.
  6. Perform seeps 3-6 for all listed apps
  7. Restart your Mac

Dec 30, 2021 11:19 PM in response to arifah96

arifah96 Said:

"thank you for replying but right now I cant log into my macbook because it requires my password to enable touch id but when i want to type my password on my keyboard nothing happens its like my keyboard is unresponsive. how can i solve this?"

-------

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Delete: this user
  4. Restart the Mac

B. Bluetooth Devices?:

Is there any Bluetooth devices (particularly keyboard or mouse) laying about? If so, power those off.

C. External Peripherals:

Connect an external keyboard and external mouse. See if it then works.

No Success?

D. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: (applies if you can log in) Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

Macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.