Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 - no data for cardio fitness

I have Apple Watch 7 since 6 days. I did several trainings with the Apple Watch Training App and a chest strap measuring heart rate (connected to Apple Watch). Trainings are longer than 20min. I activated everything in the Health App. But when i go tho Health App Cardio fitness, it says still no data for cardio fitness. Why? i want to see my cardio fitness (VO2 max estimate).

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:57 AM

one thing i understood is it requires some data upfront in order to do the calculations...some more data points are required. although i did reset the cardio fitness data, updated both devices to latest state, and also manually inserted an aproximate VO2max as i knew from other device and hoping for the next running session i will have the apple watch calculate the VO2max. however i don't understand why under the sources option for cardio-fitness category i don't see the AppleWatch 7 as option...

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 1:57 AM in response to Shuzlee0203

one thing i understood is it requires some data upfront in order to do the calculations...some more data points are required. although i did reset the cardio fitness data, updated both devices to latest state, and also manually inserted an aproximate VO2max as i knew from other device and hoping for the next running session i will have the apple watch calculate the VO2max. however i don't understand why under the sources option for cardio-fitness category i don't see the AppleWatch 7 as option...

Jan 1, 2022 12:05 PM in response to __Spartan__

Hello __Spartan__, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with the VO2 max estimate, and we’re glad you were directed here from the Set up Cardio Fitness Levels article. 

You mentioned using a chest strap to measure your heart rate. If you don’t use that strap, does the VO2 max estimate update? If so, you may want to contact the strap manufacturer for additional support. If the issue persists without the strap, make sure you’re running the latest iOS and watchOS. You can find the steps for updating in the following articles. 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

If you’re already running the latest iOS and watchOS, the next step is to restart your devices. You can find the steps for restarting in the below articles. 

Restart your iPhone

Restart your Apple Watch

If you continue to have issues after those steps, it is recommended to contact Apple. Their contact details can be found via the Get Support website. 

Take care!

Mar 20, 2022 4:18 AM in response to Cclaudiu81

Thanks Cclaudiu81, your recommendation fixed my issue.

I have searched so many resources to solve this "no data of VO2max" in Health app, apparently only your recommendation that could solve the issue.

After I have added my VO2max data manually (I recorded any random number for yesterday), then I went running for 1hr (with my Apple Watch), came home and checked Health app on my iPhone, bingo today VO2max data automatically recorded. I also checked the source option for cardio-fitness and I could finally see my Apple Watch there.

Apr 8, 2022 7:47 AM in response to jchen184

I'm not able to record any VO2max data. Phone and watch are updated, and all settings have been checked. Manually entered data as suggested in previous replies but nothing has recorded. Odd thing is when I check devices, my phone and watch are each listed three times. Why? IDK. Each has a fair amount of data and I'm concerned about selecting Delete All Data from...

Any ideas?

Apr 8, 2022 7:57 AM in response to PappaBoz

Each time you unpair and re-pair a new data source is created,if you delete any of those data sources you lose all fitness data and awards that was recorded with that data source.After 5 years I have about 10 of these data sources on my list.My wife deleted 3 data sources in her list,lost all her awards and badges and I'm still getting earache about it now.

Apple Watch 7 - no data for cardio fitness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.